Our commitment to deliver fantastic challenges means we use only the very best and experienced in-country teams, guides, porters and operators for our events, and this is under constant review to ensure standards are maintained. We regularly check and update all the equipment used, from tents to mess tents, transfers, hotel accommodation, food provided and restaurants - we do not compromise on safety or quality, to ensure your experience with us is the best available!
We are passionate about travel - the way it broadens the mind and character, the knowledge gained from visiting another country and experiencing different cultures. However, we also firmly believe that as guests of another country we must do everything possible to act responsibly.
- We always employ local staff on our challenges, from local guides to porters, chefs and drivers so that your money remains in the local community.
- We insist that our local staff are employed at a good rate per day.
- We are members of the International Mountain Explorers Connection (IMEC), which promotes responsible and sustainable connections between trekkers / climbers and people of developing mountain regions around the world. Sherpas and Porters are an integral part of our trips in the Himalayas and Africa and IMEC's link with the International Porter Protection Group focuses on improving their working conditions and personal welfare.
- We support local community groups in some of the world's remote and poorer areas, to help them in future tourism possibilities and the preservation of their communities. We ensure that your help goes to a long-term project that is sustainable. We also encourage our participants to bring unwanted clothing, books and toys to be distributed to our local teams / communities – dependent on the region of the event.
- Where possible we stay with local communities, in home stays or local accommodation facilities, so that our groups experience the local culture and take time to get to know the local people.
- Interesting flora and fauna is pointed out along the route to encourage participants to learn more about the environment they are in. This helps in understanding the importance of maintaining a beautiful and natural environment.
We advocate Climate Care and offer you the option to pay a supplement to offset your carbon emissions. To read more about Climate Care, to calculate the amount of Carbon Emissions on your challenge and to make an offset payment, please click here.