Are you looking to get your foot in the door of mass participation sporting events? We are looking for future Event Managers, Project Planners and those with a passion for the outdoors and the world of sporting events to join our Internship programme.
Over the course of 6 months you will be part of a team delivering the UK’s biggest mass participation series of walks & runs – the Ultra Challenge Series. You will gain experience and a valuable insight into a number of different areas of the events, from planning, preparing, marketing and recruitment to logistics, delivery and on the day organisation.
A varied and flexible role, your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Helping to deliver world class charity challenge events
- Providing quality customer service to our participants and charity partners
- Prepping equipment, materials and literature ready for event delivery
- Coordinating the staff teams that work on the events
- Research, design and innovation
- Assisting on weekend events throughout the summer events season
The ideal candidate will:
- A university graduate with a related degree in Events Management or Sports
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and proactive with a genuine interest in an event management career
- Be a graduate with a keen interest in outdoor sports events
- Be a highly organised multi-tasker
- Have proven experience in an organisational role, able to follow process and manage own workload
- Be confident with good interpersonal skills and good telephone manner
- Have excellent, demonstrable Excel, Word, and PowerPoint expertise
- Be a fluent speaker of English and eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Be excited about working on multiple weekend events (in exchange for lieu/overtime) throughout the event season May – September.
This will be a salaried position, between £19,000 - £23,000 p/a depending on experience.
Please send all CV's to email@example.com before the 15th July 2019.